Simple Accents to Give Your Home a Fall Vibe
October ushers in the holiday season, which means it’s time for the annual pilgrimage to the attic to unpack dust-covered bins and untangle twinkle lights. that may or may not have short circuited last year. That’s right, fall is here! Although the outside temperatures may not reflect a change in season, your house still can! Here are some tips to give your home a genuine fall vibe:
Don’t feel restricted by the jack-of-all-trades Jack-o-Lantern, decorate outside the box! Pumpkins can be so versatile in contributing to a fall display.
• Instead of carving, paint your pumpkins in autumn-chic and deep hues for pops of color against earthy/neutral backgrounds.
• Keep your pumpkins intact by adding a doily over the stem for a dynamic piece for your porch.
• Place small pumpkins at the base of larger arrangements for a simplistic tie back into your theme.
• Yes, you can still carve if you want to; Country Living Magazine suggests hollowing out a pumpkin to use as a centerpiece for seasonal leaves and branches
Outfitting the front porch might define your home as holiday-ready, but the living room is where warm, fall memories are made.
- Replace the summer flowers with autumn leaves. Burnt-orange, dark reds, or even diluted greens accompanied by wheat or twigs in deep browns bring autumn indoors.
- Highlight the warmth of your home by placing numerous pillows with thick-knitted textures and deep hues beside blankets within reach.
- Stack firewood in an open shelf or in wicker baskets for a rustic look.
- Think long-term when decorating your mantle. Use colors, textures, and foliage that express the entire season’s vibes from the changing leaves in September to Thanksgiving preparations in November.
Despite the lingering humidity, the sound of a crackling fire always alludes to the coming of winter. Happy decorating!